Aadhaar is one of the most essential and officially validated piece of document to carry out multitude of financial activities. Aadhaar is also required mandatorily to avail subsidies and benefits provided by the government. It is always good to keep your Aadhaar Card information updated. Address, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID on the Aadhaar card can be updated both online and offline. Here’s how you can get it done.
How to update your aadhaar card online?
You can visit the official UIDAI website to update or change demographic details anytime from anywhere. Remember, your mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar for online changes.
- Once you are on the UIDAI website, click on “Login”
- Post login, a new window will open, where you have to enter your 12 digits Aadhaar number, the mentioned captcha code and click on “Send OTP”
- The OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- Enter the received OTP and click on “Login”
- After login, under the Service tab, click on “Update Aadhaar Online” to update the credentials you wish to change
- A new page will open, click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”. The number of times you can change your Aadhaar details is limited, so be alert while entering new details
- Enter the new details you wish to change and upload a scanned copy of the supporting documents
- Preview the new changes made by you; next you have to pay the update fee via any of the available transaction channels
- Once payment is done, you will receive the Update Request Number (URN). Use this URN to track your request status. Usually it takes 5 to 7 days to update details on your Aadhaar Card
- You can download a copy of your updated Aadhaar Card
How to update Aadhaar Card offline?
Some specific data can be changed / updated through the offline channel. Mobile number, biometric data and Email ID.
- You can visit any Aadhaar Seva Kendra to update Aadhaar details
- Fill the Aadhaar enrolment correction form
- Carry self-attested copy of supporting documents to be submitted with the form
- Pay the update fee. You will receive a URN. Use the received URN to track your request status
Aadhaar details can also be updated via any Bank’s Aadhaar Centers. Find out the nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Aadhaar enrollment center. You may visit the center for any Aadhaar related requirements.
Popular Searches on Kotak811
Kotak811 Insights | 811 Edge Savings Account | Free Digital Savings Bank Account | Apply for Image Debit Card | ActivMoney Savings Account | Check Your CIBIL Score | Savings Account | Kotak811 | Online Bank Account With Zero Balance
This Article is for information purposes only. The views expressed in this Article do not necessarily constitute the views of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (“Bank”) or its employees. Bank makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the completeness or accuracy of the material and articles contained in this Newsletter. The information contained in this Article is sourced from empanelled external experts for the benefit of the customers and it does not constitute legal advice from Kotak. Kotak, its directors, employees, and contributors shall not be responsible or liable for any damage or loss resulting from or arising due to reliance on or use of any information contained herein.