Features of credit card
By using your credit card responsibly, you, too, can experience the features of a credit card. Some of the important credit card features are listed below.
- EMI Conversion Feature: Easily manage your expensive purchases with flexible EMI payment options provided by credit cards.
- Customisable Credit Limit: Credit card limits are customisable based on your credit score and debt-to-income ratio.
- Cash Withdrawal: One of the common credit card features is that you can withdraw cash from ATMs using your credit cards.
- Emergency Loans: One of the major Kotak Mahindra credit card benefits and facilities is the chance to get emergency personal loans using your credit card.
What are the benefits of a credit card?
Let's explore some key points on Kotak811 credit card benefits and how to use them to their full potential.
- Convenient: Carrying a credit card makes a huge change in the payment method. It replaces bundles of cash and chunks of coins in your wallet with a small, simple card that easily serves the purpose. Huge payments can be made seamlessly and quickly with a credit card. With your credit cards linked to the digital wallet, payments can be made even more conveniently by scanning and paying through mobile.
- Recurring Payments: As we already discussed how credit cards make payments easy. Here's a helpful credit card feature that is very beneficial when manually paying a recurring bill. With a credit card, you can set up a payment schedule for recurring bills like electricity, phone, EMI, etc. That way, you will not forget to pay any bill before the deadline and avoid interruptions and extra charges.
- Recharges and Tickets: The biggest advantage of credit cards is the feature to pay for online services and book tickets online. Paying for online services like mobile or Wi-Fi recharge through cash becomes hectic and sometimes even impossible. Online payment for services via a credit card or digital wallet linked with a credit card makes the process easy and quick.
- Interest-Free Credit: After purchasing through a credit card, there will be a grace period before the payment. The bank does not charge any interest value on the amount spent during this grace period. This way, you can experience the benefits of a credit card by buying your essential and favourite items and paying later.
- Rewards: After any purchase or payment for service through a credit card, you may earn rewards or reward points. You can save these reward points for your purchases and redeem them later for gifts, vouchers, coupons, and even gift cards. You can enjoy these benefits by paying for essentials like electricity bills or mobile recharge.
- Cash Back and Discounts: One of the major reasons to have a credit card is that you can avail a wide range of offers like cashback and discounts. These offers include hotel bills, recharges, booking tickets, online shopping for clothes, electronics and more. It becomes an added advantage where you purchase your favourite product and save money as you pay.
- Travel in Style: If you love to travel and explore places, your credit card can make your journeys more enjoyable and helpful. Credit cards offer complimentary access to exclusive airport lounges, prearrange and prioritise your check-in and boarding, and other added advantages like extra luggage allowance and travel-related perks. With a credit card in your wallet, all journeys become more enjoyable and accessible.
- Expense Tracker: After every payment through a credit card, the transaction statements will provide a detailed account of your monthly expenses. This credit card statement and digital transaction print help you track your spending. So that you can use these statements and accounts to budget and manage your expenses efficiently, having an expense tracker will also be helpful during finance audits and more.
- Safer: One of the most important credit card benefits is the enhanced security of money. Carrying large amounts of cash is never wise. It could lead to many risky situations that could arrive, like misplacing it or, worse, losing it. The safer and more effective alternative is to carry a credit card. The risk is minimised, and even in case you misplace or lose your credit card, you can just call and notify your bank. Hence, the lost credit card will be deactivated, and you can get a replacement quickly.
- Credit Score: credit card usage directly impacts the credit score. Using credit cards responsibly can improve your credit score. Maintaining a good credit score helps you be eligible for loans, increased credit limits, rewards, offers and more.
Things to avoid while using credit card
While credit cards offer many benefits, you must use them wisely to avoid financial troubles. Here are some things to avoid while using a credit card.
- Overspending: It is crucial to create a budget and stick to it rather than falling for impulse purchases.
- Late or Missed Payment: Paying your credit card bill beyond the deadline or missing payment can affect your credit score.
- Maxing out Credit Limit: Using a large amount of your credit limit will harm your credit score.
- Sharing your Credit Card: Sharing your credit card with someone can be risky and affect your credit history.
What to look for in a credit card
When choosing a credit card, it is advised to consider the factors and features the bank offers. Here are some important points to look for.
- Interest Rates: While getting a credit card, you must know about the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) concept. It is advisable to find credit cards with lower interest rates.
- Credit Limit: Check the minimum and maximum credit limits the bank or credit card issuing party offers.
- Security Features: Look for credit cards with security features like EMV chips, two-factor authentication and liability policies in case of unauthorised transactions made through the credit card.
Credit cards are now considered an essential financial tool in our day-to-day lives. Due to numerous expenses at unexpected times, and considering the free credit card benefits and features, it is not just essential but also a very helpful financial tool. So, next time you reach out for your wallet, remember your Kotak Mahindra credit card can benefit you and unlock possibilities.
Popular Searches on Kotak811
This Article is for information purposes only. The views expressed in this Article do not necessarily constitute the views of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (“Bank”) or its employees. Bank makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the completeness or accuracy of the material and articles contained in this Article. The information contained in this Article is sourced from empanelled external experts for the benefit of the customers and it does not constitute legal advice from Kotak. Kotak, its directors, employees, and contributors shall not be responsible or liable for any damage or loss resulting from or arising due to reliance on or use of any information contained herein.